Level 2 Interpreter Training
This two-day seminar picks up right where Level 1 leaves off. We start off by reviewing ethical questions, a summary of what we learned in the level 1 training, highlighting the interpreter’s introduction and setup of the bilingual meeting. We’ll review a recording of a real session using an interpreter and evaluate the interpreter’s performance and identify issues that need improvement.
Participants will have the opportunity to practice sight translation, consecutive interpretation of topics that were identified by the school staff. We will do role plays of real-life situations in school settings.
All participants receive an extensive resource list.
The topics we’ll be addressing are:
- Sight translation of IEP form segments
- Referral meeting, eligibility meeting, re-evaluation meeting, AIG meeting
- Bullying, cyber bullying, sexual harassment, discipline in schools
- Sample Behavior Intervention Plan for Child with ADD
- Common childhood illnesses and mental health
- Homelessness and transient students
- Adolescent & adult (Sensory Processing Disorder-SPD) checklist
- Truancy court and basic legal terminology
- Participants must have completed Interpreter Training Level 1
- This training is available to groups only