Level 2 Interpreter Training
Participants will have the opportunity to practice sight translation, consecutive interpretation of topics that were identified by the school staff. We will do role plays of real-life situations in school settings.
All participants receive an extensive resource list.
The topics we’ll be addressing are:
- Sight translation of IEP form segments
- Referral meeting, eligibility meeting, re-evaluation meeting, AIG meeting
- Bullying, cyber bullying, sexual harassment, discipline in schools
- Sample Behavior Intervention Plan for Child with ADD
- Common childhood illnesses and mental health
- Homelessness and transient students
- Adolescent & adult (Sensory Processing Disorder-SPD) checklist
- Truancy court and basic legal terminology
- Participants must have completed Interpreter Training Level 1
- This training is available to groups only